Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Merry Freaking early Christmas to me.
We ordered up some wood flooring to redo part of the main floor. Of course it was delivered today with the rain. Had to bring that in. 22 packs of pergo on a pallet. Carried them all down stairs and stacked em back on the pallet.

Oldest daughter noticed the floor was wet. Oh great now what. Turns out there is a pipe leaking somewhere in the wall behind the dish washer. Took me a hot minute to get that pulled out enough and then had to pull out the fridge too.

Plumber coming tomorrow. From what I saw.....this is NOT going to be pretty. Looks like all kinds of stuff is going to need cutting out along with a good visit from Servpro to dry things out. Will be 100 in the house for a few days.

Hoping it is a pipe so insurance covers it cause this bad boy is gonna be EXPENSIVE.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that Thummy!

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Take lots of pictures and get a written report from the plummer. Sounds like a leaky pipe... Insurance should cover it. Be thankful it wasnt a sewer backup...

Ya'll made me use Tapatalk!!!!

Founder and President of Bad Kitty Archery

Life is tough, get a helmet...
Thanks given by:
The joys of being a homeowner....

Sent from the woods
Thanks given by:
Hoping it is a leaky pipe if so insurance will cover it. Plumber will be here between 2-6 today. Water is shut off to the house which SUCKS, but.....

Thanks given by:
Thummy not sure what your skills are. But the "new" Skarkbite plumbing fitting are almost fool proof. Plumbers hate them because anyone can use them. No need to sweat a joint anymore. They just push on. All the home improvement stores carry them. Might save yourself a boat load.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2013, 07:48 AM)oletimer Wrote: Thummy not sure what your skills are. But the "new" Skarkbite plumbing fitting are almost fool proof. Plumbers hate them because anyone can use them. No need to sweat a joint anymore. They just push on. All the home improvement stores carry them. Might save yourself a boat load.

My guess is he has compression fittings leaking OT. He said it was behind the dish washer and refrigerator ,,,,which is probably a compression tap.

Hard to tell without being there but if you need help Thummy....just holler.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2013, 07:57 AM)peternap Wrote:
(12-07-2013, 07:48 AM)oletimer Wrote: Thummy not sure what your skills are. But the "new" Skarkbite plumbing fitting are almost fool proof. Plumbers hate them because anyone can use them. No need to sweat a joint anymore. They just push on. All the home improvement stores carry them. Might save yourself a boat load.

My guess is he has compression fittings leaking OT. He said it was behind the dish washer and refrigerator ,,,,which is probably a compression tap.

Hard to tell without being there but if you need help Thummy....just holler.

Could be. If so sometimes all you need to do is tighten it. Easy fix. But replacement of those is really simple too. Plumbing is not rocket science. The work is repairing all the drywall IMO. Might be able to save a bundle.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2013, 08:04 AM)oletimer Wrote: [quote='peternap' pid='28663' dateline='1386421053']
[quote='oletimer' pid='28662' dateline='1386420507']
Plumbing is not rocket science. The work is repairing all the drywall IMO. Might be able to save a bundle.

AGREE

Thanks given by:
Oh we got HUGE issues. What ever it was plumber cut out a bunch of pipe. Water been leaking slowly for awhile. Restoration/water mediation/mold company on the way. Glad I have insurance cause we are looking at a bundle here.

I am pretty handy but all this is above my level. I do roofs, decks, framing, drywall and drainage.

Thanks given by: