Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I remember when cars
I love the old days when I had points that could be set with a matchbook cover, Plugs and a carburetor.

My Bronco is giving me intermittent starting problems. Damned if I could find anything wrong but reading about it it looks like the sensors on the Distributor. It's actually easier to replace the entire distributor than just the sensor.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Yup...you could be a back yard mechanic. Was pretty easy to figure out your problem...no spark or no fuel. Not anymore without all the computer diagnostic equipment. But cars have a LOT less problems than they used to and go a lot longer too. But when things go wrong be prepared..... $$$$.
Good luck with the Bronco. Those intermittent problems are the worst. Easier to fix if it just quits.
Thanks given by:
Ha!!! i hate the newer vehicles. I have a intermittent over charging issue. The computer controls the regulator and that's the next thing to replaced.
Thanks given by:
what year is the bronco
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2014, 07:15 PM)yancey tucker Wrote: what year is the bronco

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
This has gotten to be an expensive week.
I checked the fuel pump pressure on the Bronco since that's the way it was acting and it was fine. I changed the fuel filter just to make sure the pump had the least resistance when I first started.

Then I changed out both ignition sensors.

I've had no problems since I did it so I may have cured it...but since it's intermittent, Time will tell. That wasn't too expensive.

The car is another matter. Ever notice how everything breaks at the same time? It had an alternator going bad and I was sure the idler had a bad bearing too. Looked to me you had to pull the engine to replace them. It's got 80,000 miles on it so it's time to change out the timing belt too and the motor mount where the steering column is mounted was wearing and I was getting some vibration. I took it to my mechanic and got it back today. 602.00 which ain't bad on labor considering the damn alternator cost 250 bucksAngry

When we took it in the other day I noticed my wife hadn't gotten the Landrover inspected and it expired in Feburary. Left it there today.Confused This is the same Landrover I just paid 2000.00 to have the head gasket replaced.

No new guns this week.Dodgy

Thanks given by:
Today wasn't much better. They have a new inspector who claimed the rotors were bad. I had planned on fishing Sunday but may have to go to church to make up for that conversation. Needless to say, that garage and I won't have much to do with each other again.

Thanks given by:
I feel your pain peter... I recently bought a cute little PT Cruiser to replace my beloved old blue Jeep. The day after I brought it home, it wouldn't start because the super cold temperatures outside head cause the battery to go bad... the dealership I bought it from did the right thing and replaced the battery for me.

fast forward 3 or 4 weeks and we noticed a grinding noise in the right side front end when you accelerated quickly from a dead stop. Hubby checked it out and thought maybe it was a wheel bearing, so I took it to the local Chrysler dealership and ask them to check it out for me. I specifically told them that we thought it was the wheel bearing, but if it was something else to please call me before they made the repair. They called me after about an hour and a half and said "Well the right side is okay but the left wheel bearing needs to be replaced." So I said go ahead...

When I went in to pick it up and after I wrote the $350 check for the repairs, they told me "Oh, by the way, the noise in the front end is still there because because you have broken motor mounts." I asked them "Then why didn't you call me and tell me that it was a problem with motor mounts instead of the wheel bearing?" Their response was "Well, the wheel bearing needed to be replaced anyway, and you told us to fix the wheel bearing when you brought it in." $500+ to replace the motor mounts... But I was SUPER suspicious by then.

So I called the dealership where I bought it, which is a Chevrolet dealership.... They asked me to bring it in so they could look at it. Come to find out my motor mounts were not broken,all there was was one bolt on one motor mount that was snapped. So they fixed that for me, and gave me a brand new 2014 Chevy Malibu as a loaner car for 24 hours while they got my car squared away and perfect. While I hated the Malibu (I kept banging my knee getting in it), it was nice to have a good loaner while "lil blue" was getting fixed.

I've come to the conclusion that the Chrysler dealership up here just wanted to break one off in me.

Ya'll made me use Tapatalk!!!!

Founder and President of Bad Kitty Archery

Life is tough, get a helmet...
Thanks given by:
Yep .... I got the shaft yesterday as well. New home Central AC unit - 3 years old, Freon was leaking .... tech said it was a bad coil (recall/warranty) - out of my pocket $325.00 for labor and Freon - not covered Huh
Thanks given by: