Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the guys that walked into Chipotle open carrying long guns?
In my opinion while it may be legal is shows pizz poor judgement. Sometimes just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It just doesn't help responsible gun owners in the push against more gun control.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Post the link and image so people know what your talking about..

My opinion - idiots like that give gun owners a bad name. Carrying your SKS or AR-15 into a business even if it allows guns, to show off your rights is just plain STUPID.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they can do it but it doesn't mean they should. Just like the dumbass kid here in C'ville that walked into Kroger with an AR.
Thanks given by:
On my phone. No link to post. Just saw something on FB about it. Will post a link tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Thanks given by:
Agree with you 100% Rob.
Thanks given by:
A Dumb***, agree with everyone else, just because you can, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Makes it rough for all of us. Good way to start a bad situation if he were to come up on someone as stupid as he is.
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!
Thanks given by:
I think I'm with Rob on this one. HOWEVER...there are some times when I see open carrying an AR as legit....but it's rare. I did it once. I had one back in the day and went to sell it. It was a beautiful day and obviously went to the Harley rather than my car. So I strapped it to my back for the ride to meet up with the guy who bought it. The only rifle case I had at the time is about 10' long and I would have had a hell of a time figuring a way to strap it to the bike. So on my back with a sling was what happened.
Thanks given by:
(05-20-2014, 08:11 PM)Deadeye Wrote: Yeah, they can do it but it doesn't mean they should. Just like the dumbass kid here in C'ville that walked into Kroger with an AR.

There is a difference ... unless I'm mistaken, didn't the C-ville Kroger have a "no firearms" sign already posted?
In the articles that I'v seen, there was never any mention that Chipolte ever had any "no firearms" sinage posted.

scruffy

Jacob Smith for President in 2028 !!!

[Image: IMG_4260-300x199.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Kind of a catch 22 situation. Open carry of handguns is not legal in Texas but rifles are OK, in fact the Governor's over the years have pointed that out saying it was fine, they just don't want people carrying pistols.

That said, OC is as much Public relations as anything else. I get a lot of questions, mostly from Maryland people who usually end up saying "I wish we could". Rifles do tend to upset people and especially black rifles. I know one fellow who carries an AR pistol from time to time and makes sure he's dressed like he's going to church.....but there are still complaints even from gun owners.

There is no easy answer. How do you exercise a right when you're restricted to exercising it with an ugly gun?

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
(05-21-2014, 01:08 AM)peternap Wrote: There is no easy answer. How do you exercise a right when you're restricted to exercising it with an ugly gun?

I fully understand it is a right. I still think that walking around with a long gun strapped across your back is stupid.

Especially if you do it like these two idiots. The article below includes a picture the two morons tool while in the Chipotle. This is just beyond stupid and beyond exercising a right.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/05...-backlash/

Thanks given by: