Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deer numbers are in
oh ok
Thanks given by:
Dang for us arrow slingers sitting is stands we sure knocked down some deer up here in Fairfax County.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
It's pretty dramatic in some counties... 40% in Greensville
Thanks given by:
Those are some serious drops. I'll bet for next season they reduce doe harvest during muzzleloader season. Might be a little more difficult to fill the freezer over the next couple years.

I wish they had some data on the squirrel population. i'm not really a squirrel hunter, but I'm amazed at how they practically disappeared.
Thanks given by:
Come to my house. There's one in every tree all day.
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2015, 12:08 PM)DuClaw Wrote: Those are some serious drops. I'll bet for next season they reduce doe harvest during muzzleloader season. Might be a little more difficult to fill the freezer over the next couple years.

I wish they had some data on the squirrel population. i'm not really a squirrel hunter, but I'm amazed at how they practically disappeared.

imo i really cant see them lowering it in bp but who knows definitely see it in gf, as far as squirrels i believe they migrated to my property we had quite a few of them here
Thanks given by:
I doubt ml either but they will during the general season.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2015, 12:30 PM)peternap Wrote: I doubt ml either but they will during the general season.

They have already made cuts to the general firearm season and I don't think that archery cuts would make sense. In my opinion if you're going to cut more doe days from general firearm then you need to reduce some on muzzleloader as well or else people will just use muzzleloader season to stack up does for the freezer since they will not be able to later.
Thanks given by:
I have always had mixed feelings over ML season. Especially now that they are a high powered single shot rifle. No scope should be primitive. Scopes and 150 yd shots belong in general gun.
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2015, 02:24 PM)BiggBirdd Wrote: I have always had mixed feelings over ML season. Especially now that they are a high powered single shot rifle. No scope should be primitive. Scopes and 150 yd shots belong in general gun.

i can agree with that, but i look at it as my "dogfree" 2 week gun season
Thanks given by: