Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deer numbers are in
Crossbow vs compound..........there's little skill in today's modern compound. They keep totals and the success rate is about the same as a compound. If it was leaps and bounds easier then why doesn't the data on kills doesn't reflect that? But even with the so called ease some feel it gives it's still a 20 yard average shot weapon. I've actually shot a deer at a longer distance with my compound than xbow. Last time I shot a compound I pulled it out shot 20,30 and 40 yds 1 arrow each and they all were in a a 4" circle. The only hard thing I see with a compound is learning to beat your chest several times a week and proclaim I'm a real bowhunter.

Here's our next issue that's creeping in on us.

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/02/3-new-ca...ed-va-deer
Thanks given by:
(02-28-2015, 06:25 PM)BiggBirdd Wrote: Crossbow vs compound..........there's little skill in today's modern compound. They keep totals and the success rate is about the same as a compound. If it was leaps and bounds easier then why doesn't the data on kills doesn't reflect that? But even with the so called ease some feel it gives it's still a 20 yard average shot weapon. I've actually shot a deer at a longer distance with my compound than xbow. Last time I shot a compound I pulled it out shot 20,30 and 40 yds 1 arrow each and they all were in a a 4" circle. The only hard thing I see with a compound is learning to beat your chest several times a week and proclaim I'm a real bowhunter.

Here's our next issue that's creeping in on us.

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/02/3-new-ca...ed-va-deer

daggone,CWD, not good news at all!
President-Damna Hunt Club
Thanks given by:
They're adding more to the list of counties affected by it. Eventually we'll all be dealing with it.
Thanks given by:
Saw a documentary that was of the opinion that CWD was first detected in a University of Colorado deer farm. Prior to that it had not been observed in wild herds.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2015, 09:51 AM)HeidelbergJaeger Wrote: Saw a documentary that was of the opinion that CWD was first detected in a University of Colorado deer farm. Prior to that it had not been observed in wild herds.

Just one more chapter in what we have to deal with Nick.
Might be by the time we get finished fighting with ourselves there won't be any deer left.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
We could always import exotics like Axis or Sambar!
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by: