Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What my day is gonna look like tomorrow
Tonight into tomorrow is gonna get into the perfect temperatures to hang these critters to thaw overnight. And with the forecast of snow, it is likely I'll only be working a half day tomorrow, so I'll be busy in my shop with my scalpels in the afternoon:

[Image: 20150304_221628.jpg]

2 raccoons, an opossum and a fox from Thummy and a raccoon from peternap. Thanks fellas! I've got great ideas blossoming for these critters...let's just hope they look as good when they're done as they do in my imagination. Practice makes perfect!
[Image: rrtaxicheri2.jpg]
             Amateur Huntress. Wannabe Taxidermist.
          [Image: avatar_5828.gif]        
Thanks given by:
Looks like fun! lol So what are your plans for those things?
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing the results.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
The fox is definitely gonna be a pedestal/shoulder mount...Thummy wasn't kidding when he said the tail was bad. It looks like he got over mange or was just coming down with it.

I'm extremely limited on opossum forms, so I'm either gonna have to learn to make my own or hope there's one that fits it. It'll teach me something in the end.

The coons are gonna be fun. Definitely gonna do one in the classic "lying on a limb" pose. I'd like to try to get peternap's into a scene digging under a section of chicken wire. The third one will be a mystery...I'll hatch something on my brain eventually. Maybe a nice wall hanger pelt is in order...

It's all gonna take a while. But I'll get there...hopefully these upcoming seminars and shows will give me some good pointers and ideas...
Thanks given by:
Have fun. Cool to see them hanging up all together.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Some great ideas. Look forward to seeing the final results.
Thanks given by:
I still say go with a scene on that fox and have it coming out of a bush or something to hide the tail 3/4 mount. Haha.

Can't wait to see pictured throughout the process and when they are done.

Thanks given by:
Kinda fun watching our resident artist progress...I could same about 29.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Here they are guys. Took me all weekend with uncooperative temps on Friday night, but they're tagged, bagged, and in the freezer until I can get to them one-by-one and start my trials-and-errors. This is going to help TONS with my learning, and I'm extremely excited. Thanks again for all the support!

[Image: 20150308_211949.jpg]

One tail-less fox, one coon cape (that one had a bad skin condition), one oppossum, and two full coon pelts. Those coons are a bugger to skin, too. They really tested my patience...lol.
Thanks given by:
Which coon had the skin problem? Probably the one that attacked PeterNap, haha.

Can't wait to get home so I can see the pictures.

Thanks given by: