Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Stupid Slow Traffic
Yesterday I drove from Norfolk to Richmond (105 miles) using I64 most of the way. Traffic was at a slow creeping pace most of the time. It took me four hours to get there and three and a half hours to get back. Is it always that bad?
Thanks given by:
Can't be worse than 95. I avoid the area around Quantico like the plague because of traffic.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to summer time in Hampton Roads.

Most schools held graduations this weekend so it was busier than normal.
Thanks given by:
Yes it can be bad, usually it's someone driving slow in the fast lane, I've had it backed up behind two old farts driving side by side going 55, before and nothing but clear pavement in front of them, will admit to using an on ramp and emergency lane to pass, had the entire interstate to myself from Williamsburg to the hov lanes in Hampton after I got around them.
Thanks given by:
In a word...yes.
Summer, on a weekend and out of school, I'm surprised you still aren't still driving.
I love the country where 3 cars in a row is rush hour.
Sometime make the trip on Rt 60. That was how we came pre64. You can still get a shadowy glimpse of a better time.

There were snake farms, diners, waysides...people used to make picnics for long trips and stop at the waysides. Traffic wasn't bad, the beaches weren't crowded and you didn't need to carry a gun.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Had to go back to Richmond for a conference. 90 minutes travel on Monday and 90 minutes coming back today. Definitely much better! LOL
Thanks given by:
Wish I'd known Squid. I'd have dropped by to say hello.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Take 460 next time. It's a nicer ride.
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2015, 07:06 AM)Alex G. Wrote: Take 460 next time. It's a nicer ride.

Yeah...That
Thanks given by:
Remember the Carmageddon crap they pulled by closing the James and 1 tunnel one weekend? Took me 2 hours to get from Mercury blvd to the tunnel. Traffic always sucks here. You can have a backup at the tunnel at 3 am Sunday morning. People can't drive. Went by 3 piled up today on I-64. Fresh no troopers at the scene.
Thanks given by: