Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015-2016 Hunting and Trapping Regulations
(07-13-2015, 08:53 AM)67gt390fb Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 05:00 PM)DuClaw Wrote: It makes no sense for Hanover  to not permit rifles when Henrico does.

who needs a rifle when rifled slug barrels are legal, get a good quality rifled slug barreled shotgun and you are dead on out to 150, what really doesnt make sense is goochland is a rifle county but you still cant shoot slugs Big Grin

Pretty good point Joe.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2015, 05:00 PM)DuClaw Wrote: It makes no sense for Hanover  to not permit rifles when Henrico does.

who needs a rifle when rifled slug barrels are legal, get a good quality rifled slug barreled shotgun and you are dead on out to 150, what really doesnt make sense is goochland is a rifle county but you still cant shoot slugs Big Grin

I can agree with that. I bought a slug gun last summer, never pulled it out of the box to dial it in. Now that I live in Hanover County looks like that moves up on the to do list.

I did not know that Goochland would allow rifles but not slugs! That one may take the cake. At least they're not smart enough to figure out that a rifled slug barrel makes it essentially a rifle. Lol
Thanks given by:
(07-13-2015, 10:54 AM)DuClaw Wrote:

I can agree with that. I bought a slug gun last summer, never pulled it out of the box to dial it in. Now that I live in Hanover County looks like that moves up on the to do list.

I did not know that Goochland would allow rifles but not slugs! That one may take the cake. At least they're not smart enough to figure out that a rifled slug barrel makes it essentially a rifle. Lol

In 90% of virginia, a good bolt action slug gun is not only ok, but probably perfect for deer. I have nno use for buckshot though. That should be outlawed everywhere except urban areas.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
(07-13-2015, 01:18 PM)peternap Wrote:

In 90% of virginia, a good bolt action slug gun is not only ok, but probably perfect for deer. I have nno use for buckshot though. That should be outlawed everywhere except urban areas.

Interestingly where I grew up hunting in PA was a no rifle area.  We could only use slugs, NO buckshot.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(07-13-2015, 01:21 PM)Thummy Wrote: Interestingly where I grew up hunting in PA was a no rifle area.  We could only use slugs, NO buckshot.

yup, there a quite a few places where its illegal.
People just need to understand it's limitations to ethically use it.
Thanks given by:
The problem is too many morons running around that have no clue
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(07-13-2015, 01:18 PM)peternap Wrote:

AGREE Yeah...That  Amen to that!
President-Damna Hunt Club
Thanks given by: