Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phones- indispensable while hunting?
I started thinking about what is probably the most important piece of non bullet slinging equipment in my huntin rig and decided it was a cell phone. 

It can replace quite a few separate pieces of equipment, and also can be your lifeline in an emergency. 

Not to mention that I have helped my partners spot game from my vantage point that they couldn't see yet, and warn them so they could be ready when a shot presented itself. 

On the other hand, there is something that can't be beat when it's just you alone with zero distractions.

What say you?
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
It Def has its advantages. I really try to unconnected when I'm hunting to appreciate it more, but I never go in the woods without it.
Thanks given by:
Not for me. First they don't work there and second, I like to hunt with no distractions.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
I take mine. When I get lost I text Brandon my GPS coordinates and he tells me where I'm at. LOL
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2015, 07:57 PM)Squid Wrote: I take mine.  When I get lost I text Brandon my GPS coordinates and he tells me where I'm at.  LOL
... rolling

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
I take mine. Never know when I will need to video some crazy bunny hugger yelling at me. Plus it is good in case something were to happen and I needed help
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Good point about the video but I always have a camera anyway. Wouldn't do much good to call anyone if something did happen. The nearest real hospital is a hundred miles away.
About 11 years ago I got appendicitis while I was hunting. It burst by the time i got back near a hospital.
I stock surgical supplies there but darned if I was going to take my appendix out even if I knew what was wrong...which i didnt.
I

Thanks given by:
Where I hunt my cell doesn't get service so I keep it turned off. Only turn it on to take pics or video of something I may have bagged. Otherwise i see it as only a distraction that takes away from the overall experience.
Thanks given by:
frustratingly, my cellphone won't get signal at my hunting areas. i think i value my treestand, flashlight, and toilet paper more on my hunting trips.
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2015, 07:57 PM)Squid Wrote: I take mine.  When I get lost I text Brandon my GPS coordinates and he tells me where I'm at.  LOL

Big Grin
Thanks given by: