Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phones- indispensable while hunting?
I have my cell phone at all times. I even bring a backup battery just in case.
Thanks given by:
When i hunt with Thummy, i have to bring my cell phone to text him.... Or i get skeered. Lol

Founder and President of Bad Kitty Archery

Life is tough, get a helmet...
Thanks given by:
I bring mine and it definitely helps the time go by when it's slow...
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2015, 08:40 PM)peternap Wrote: Good point about the video but I always have a camera anyway. Wouldn't do much good to call anyone if something did happen. The nearest real hospital is a hundred miles away.
About 11 years ago I got appendicitis while I was hunting. It burst by the time i got back near a hospital.
I stock surgical supplies there but darned if I was going to take my appendix out even if I knew what was wrong...which i didnt.
I

c'mon if the ruskie did it in the 60's antartica you coulda done it yourself rolling

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32481442
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2015, 09:01 AM)67gt390fb Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 08:40 PM)peternap Wrote: Good point about the video but I always have a camera anyway. Wouldn't do much good to call anyone if something did happen. The nearest real hospital is a hundred miles away.
About 11 years ago I got appendicitis while I was hunting. It burst by the time i got back near a hospital.
I stock surgical supplies there but darned if I was going to take my appendix out even if I knew what was wrong...which i didnt.
I

c'mon if the ruskie did it in the 60's antartica you coulda done it you0rself rolling

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32481442
Maybe if the cell phone worked there so I could watch a you tube diy video. rolling

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
I always carry mine. Unfortunately, my service sucks, thanks AT&T, so I don't always have a signal. But if I know I'm hunting somewhere without a decent signal, I always let someone know where I am. I would not want to spend the night out in some of the places I hunt.
Thanks given by:
That's the good thing about being in a good club that has procedures to follow for hunter safety. As long as there are other hunters present, 1/2hr after sundown if your not out of the woods, we're coming in looking for you. I'm lucky at my place that we have cell service thru out the entire property. So if something ever did happen and whatever it was didn't keep you from calling, help would be on the way. Luckily we also are in good enough with a few of neighbors that they would come to help as well if contacted. 3G and down to 1x will drain a smart phone battery pretty quick though, you can though disable all your running apps down to the bear minimum needed and extend your battery DRAMATICALLY. And as long as it's not "searching" for service all batteries should last all day as long as your not playing Birds AND searching for service!
Thanks given by:
I do carry my phone, and sometimes a backup battery as well. It can be distracting, so sometimes I have to remind myself to put it down. However, it also allows me to leave work a little early sometimes because I can respond to an email from the tree! LOL
It's also nice to be able to text your buddy when you hear a shot.

Did have one negative incident, I couldn't figure out why this mature doe was spotting me in a ground blind right at dark, then it hit me that my son was sitting behind me using my phone and it was putting off just enough light to show my silhouette.

Overall, the pros outweigh the cons.
Thanks given by:
I agree, pros outweigh cons. Like deadeye, I have AT&T and don't get great service in the sticks when I am out and about. But having a phone, camera, video/audio recorder, GPS, and other tools that a smart phone bring make up the difference.

Now only if they had a range finder app.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
VERIZON. When will people learn. Haha
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by: