Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phones- indispensable while hunting?
(07-16-2015, 04:56 PM)Thummy Wrote: VERIZON. When will people learn. Haha
Yep
Thanks given by:
Verizon sucks for coverage in central Texas where we were before moving. AT&T keeps telling me they will put in a tower out here soon...
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Verizon works for me about everywhere. Even at time I want it to shut up, my wife is a manger for verizon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bows and backstraps

Many recurves and
1 Mathews Monster 6 - gen 1
Thanks given by:
Heck... I got a good signal when I was @ 8500ft near Cody Wy.
I'll gladly pay the company with better service....
Thanks given by:
Interestingly when I am in my hunting spot sometimes I can't make calls but I can text. Put me out in a swamp in GA and I can call/text and upload pictures. I can text and check out the forum from my stand too. Just weird that sometimes the phone calls wont go through.

I have been with Verizon since 2005 and I don't plan to switch. Especially when I hear so many people complain about the service from AT&T and Sprint.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Oh yea I bring mine, it's a love hate... If I am really in the "zone" or have animals near me and all of a sudden feel the vibration in my pocket I get real agitated! But on the other hand, I do a lot of hunting alone and the sucker is a lifeline if needed, a camera to prove how awesome a hunter I am, haha joke, and the GPS helps when hunting land you don't know. Hard to not take it with you. That and if I am hunting with a buddy, texting is way more quite than a walkie talkie

Thanks given by:
Bucksnort can't you turn your phone to silent without the vibration? I can turn the volume down on mine till it will vibrate and then till it is completely silent.

My buddy and I used those Midland radios with the ear pieces to talk when we would be in the woods. They actually pick up sound really well so you can whisper. We have talked with deer pretty close to us. Close enough that at that point you wouldn't want your cell out texting anyway.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
How else can you hunt during the week? Working from the Treestand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
cell phones dont work where i hunt, so i never take it.

but that being said i can see merits to them when we are in Georgia and need to communicate etc.

but i still wouldnt consider them a "necessity"
Thanks given by:
No cell service where our property is. Yes, we have verizon phones, but no service. I hear that there is good money in letting the cell companies put a tower on your land. Would love to talk to someone about that!
Thanks given by: