Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGIF admits there's a dog problem
I also had guys come flying up our roads and blast out across the fields at deer that broke the field. Then they took off. Luckily we weren't in the field at the time as we were back at the truck.

My issue is the BS excuses that I read any time someone posts about an issue they have had. I am glad I don't have to deal with it all the time.

I had access to a property i n Caroline County for a couple seasons. Set up stands an cameras with the property owner. Drove down to find dogs running it out of season and during the season.

I about got run off the road twice by guys flying down the road several trucks following each other all with dog boxes.

I just get tired of hearing the excuses Bay Beagle.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2015, 06:27 PM)BAY BEAGLE Wrote: but You find so much negative to post .... I know You had a "Swan Hunt" busted by deer dogs - it left a bad taste in your mouth.  But that was moons ago.  You keep referring to "You tube" and "hear say", and what You read or saw on the internet, to make Your statement.  That is not the norm, but Your post; color a much darker picture.  It's like You live and breath it everyday -

I think you'd be surprised how much good thummy has to say among the antidog  people Bay.

It's a confusing subject there are those in the dog community that won't budge and speak for the more moderate.
There are those against dog hunting that have never met a good one and want a ban.
There are those like Aaron Bumgarner who have repeatedly said he doesn't want a ban just reasonable regulations...but he has been subjected to every kind of humiliation imaginable. 

It is a confusing and tense issue but thummy is not anti.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
I live and breath the earth in King William. I live in "dog country" - been here 25 years, and have yet to have a encounter on the farm I own. Dogs come and go - and we still are able to harvest deer, and get along with our neighboring farms and neighboring hunt clubs that cross into our region. Guess it's a "southern thing" ...... to get along.
Thanks given by:
Like I said Bay...it's very complicated. Yeah, it's a southern gentleman issue, which is why you don't have problems.
Go to Southampton for a while and watch the fuse burn.

My situation is isolated. I've had trouble with one hunt club...no others. But even the other clubs hate Travelers because they hunt their land too.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
I also wish people like you would step up and speak because the only ones that do are the bad ones that just spout stupid retoric.
We might get something good in the works.

Thanks given by:
Seems to me ,as I poke around the dog hunting community....my fellow dog hunters are not looking/listening to ALL the complaints at hand!  Seems that anyone running dogs in Va woods thinks that a GPS collar is the only way to contain your hounds. Must admit that I have not up on all the gadgets  on the market and our down sized hounds do ot wear them. BUT, overall... Our dogs are in control! I also know,our club can not afford to strap collars on our dogs! Just saying!
Share your passion, that a kid hunting!
Thanks given by:
Cut, I think it's safe to say that the way you go about it, is the way it should be done. Having a simple sense of courtesy is key, and from what you've said, and what I've gathered about you as a houndsman, you've got it.

Founder and President of Bad Kitty Archery

Life is tough, get a helmet...
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2015, 08:47 AM)cut_un Wrote: Seems to me ,as I poke around the dog hunting community....my fellow dog hunters are not looking/listening to ALL the complaints at hand!  Seems that anyone running dogs in Va woods thinks that a GPS collar is the only way to contain your hounds. Must admit that I have not up on all the gadgets  on the market and our down sized hounds do ot wear them. BUT, overall... Our dogs are in control! I also know,our club can not afford to strap collars on our dogs! Just saying!

Was over on a site and the guy said even of there's a change in the laws he's going to keep running 'em like he is now. There's a endless amount of educating you could do for your buds. They are for the most part clueless.
Thanks given by:
yep ...
Thanks given by:
Afraid.. We all will learn the hard way... Some quicker than others!
Share your passion, that a kid hunting!
Thanks given by: