Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Black Panther Recurve
I have been looking at old Bear recurve bows for some time now and I have finally found a Black Panther.

Does anyone have any information on what I should pay for it? Information online varies way to much.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
They're good bows. I believe they were an entry level (inexpensive) bow.
Price is what ever the purchaser is willing to pay. That's one reason the price of recurves has jumped up so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bows and backstraps

Many recurves and
1 Mathews Monster 6 - gen 1
Thanks given by:
(12-15-2015, 08:10 PM)VA Bowbender Wrote: They're good bows. I believe they were an entry level (inexpensive) bow.
Price is what ever the purchaser is willing to pay. That's one reason the price of recurves has jumped up so much.

I was thinking of offering $80.00. It is a beautiful bow and in perfect condition. I'm just waiting for his response. Really want the challenge of a Recurve. Have yet to kill a deer with a bow.

Thanks given by:
(12-15-2015, 08:51 PM)Settle623 Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 08:10 PM)VA Bowbender Wrote: They're good bows. I believe they were an entry level (inexpensive) bow.

I was thinking of offering $80.00. It is a beautiful bow and in perfect condition. I'm just waiting for his response. Really want the challenge of a Recurve. Have yet to kill a deer with a bow.

What is the draw weight of the bow? When starting with a recurve the one thing you DON'T want to do is over bow yourself. The maximum you should start with at your draw length is 45 pounds, less is better. When shooting traditional form is everything. Proper tuning is a must. You need to figure out if you will shoot split finger or 3 under, gap shoot or shoot instinctive. There is more to understand about it as you go.

Bows and backstraps

Many recurves and
Thanks given by:
(12-15-2015, 09:02 PM)VA Bowbender Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 08:51 PM)Settle623 Wrote:

What is the draw weight of the bow? When starting with a recurve the one thing you DON'T want to do is over bow yourself. The maximum you should start with at your draw length is 45 pounds, less is better. When shooting traditional form is everything. Proper tuning is a must. You need to figure out if you will shoot split finger or 3 under, gap shoot or shoot instinctive. There is more to understand about it as you go.

I probably should have stated that I shot one when I was a teenager and had a Sage Recurve in 2012. That was a 50 pound bow. I'm a lot stronger now so I shouldn't have any issue as the Bear is the same at 28".

I was by no means an expert but could hit a paper plate at 20 yards consistently.

I'll need some help with arrow spine. Included in this sale if it goes through are some hand made wooden arrows but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Thanks given by:
I also shoot split finger as it is more comfortable to me.

Thanks given by:
As far as arrows I would go with carbon. You could go with 500's or 400's depending on tip weight. Do some bare shaft tuning to get it set up right.
Here is a site with everything you'll need to know to start.
http://www.acsbows.com/bellcurve.html

Bows and backstraps

Many recurves and
Thanks given by:
(12-15-2015, 09:12 PM)VA Bowbender Wrote: As far as arrows I would go with carbon. You could go with 500's or 400's depending on tip weight. Do some bare shaft tuning to get it set up right.
Here is a site with everything you'll need to know to start.
http://www.acsbows.com/bellcurve.html

Thank you!

Thanks given by: