Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
goin to the farm
My oldest son is taking me to a hot spot Saturday,a 2000+ acre farm in New Kent he has access to,Im gonna take that sweet sounding box call Deadeye gave me,give it a try and see what shows up.I have already located a few public birds, but this opportunity is a bit better for sure. Good luck to all of you !
President-Damna Hunt Club
Thanks given by:
Don't you be anywhere close to where I'm hunting and call all of MY turkeys your way Big Grin

Good luck brother. I hope you can put a notch in that box call at the end of the day! You can then retire it to the display case.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2016, 09:23 AM)Deadeye Wrote: Don't you be anywhere close to where I'm hunting and call all of MY turkeys your way Big Grin

Good luck brother. I hope you can put a notch in that box call at the end of the day! You can then retire it to the display case.

WHAT!!!! Retire a call that's working BOOM . That's what they are for! - Now that's a new one on me  rolling

That's like retiring a fishing lure that's catching fish. They all are not made or work the same even if the are the same. Funny as I have a lot of folks say man this lure is my pet bait and when I look at it they look new. My pet baits are almost worn thru where hooks rub from being used so much.

Don't retire that call unless its sentimental Smile GL using it hope it continues to call them for ya!!!
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2016, 09:48 AM)BOW4UM Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 09:23 AM)Deadeye Wrote: Don't you be anywhere close to where I'm hunting and call all of MY turkeys your way Big Grin

WHAT!!!! Retire a call that's working BOOM . That's what they are for! - Now that's a new one on me  rolling

That's like retiring a fishing lure that's catching fish. They all are not made or work the same even if the are the same. Funny as I have a lot of folks say man this lure is my pet bait and when I look at it they look new. My pet baits are almost worn thru where hooks rub from being used so much.

Don't retire that call unless its sentimental Smile GL using it hope it continues to call them for ya!!!

He didn't even want to use it at all, so I told him he could only retire it after he killed a bird with it! But then exactly what you said will take over and he'll use it all the time rolling
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2016, 10:03 AM)Deadeye Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 09:48 AM)BOW4UM Wrote:

He didn't even want to use it at all, so I told him he could only retire it after he killed a bird with it! But then exactly what you said will take over and he'll use it all the time rolling

Good that's passing on a legacy his grandchildren will speak of -

Granpa Reb, tell us the story again of how that Great Turkey Killer "ole Deadeye" killed all them birds with that call and then gave it to you to call and it scared away all the turkeys you hunted so its in the box on the fire place!!! rolling
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
good luck JR. call me if you need help dragging the bird out of the woods. or you could take that new game cart with you just in case you get a big one!
Thanks given by: